Could Not Reproduce Significant amounts of Storm-Kiln Artist triggers crash the game

Whipsaw

I play a deck that can reliably generate a large amount (10-30+ depending on the board state) Storm-Kiln Artist (SKA) triggers to create Treasures.

Two of the last 3 times I have played this deck and established a large board state, the game will crash ("Magic Online has encountered an error") and attempt to rewind itself back to the last known stable board state after resolving ~80-90% of a large stack of SKA treasure triggers. After attempting to return to the game state twice, the client will simply start a new game and the game action box will display a couple of greek characters before re-starting the game.

Reference game for this bug is: Match #255613280 // Game #825610644

I have others that I can provide that exhibit the same bug/crash issue if needed.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

ProR2D2

If you have 10+ triggers of anything, the game will often crash. I do 1 trigger at a time when dealing with 10+ triggers so the game doesn't crash.

Whipsaw

i appreciate that feedback but the only card in my deck that seems to trip this upper threshold limit is SKA

ManaDrainThis

The only cards I play with that generate so many triggers are Storm cards like Brain Freeze & Tendrils as well as Prowess triggers from Monastery Mentor. Haven’t experienced a crash from those cards yet though.

Whipsaw

The only cards I play with that generate so many triggers are Storm cards like Brain Freeze & Tendrils as well as Prowess triggers from Monastery Mentor. Haven’t experienced a crash from those cards yet though.
makes me wonder if it is an issue that is specific to SKA itself then -- I've created similar amounts of treasures at once via dockside (on auto yield) with no crashing